SANTA ANA, Calif. —Yokohama Tire Corp. (YTC) has redesigned its EXCEED online dealer training program, which now includes updated content and streamlined access to product modules.
The EXCEED program — which stands for "Excellence Through Certification and Education" — is available to authorized Yokohama consumer and commercial dealers. Yokohama said EXCEED features a series of interactive modules designed to provide information to dealers about the tire maker's consumer and commercial tires.
Dealers are able to prioritize training most relevant to their market, the company said.
According to Yokohama, the site includes:
- Easy-to-use navigation for quick access to information;
- Advanced software to track employee training progress;
- Consumer and commercial 'Tireology' sections and selling skills module;
- Profile page detailing completed or in-progress sections;
- Yokohama e-store reward points for completed training modules; and
- SCORM (Shareable Content Object Reference Model) compatibility for dealer download and use within their own training environments.
Alan Holtschneider, Yokohama's director of marketing, said the program, launched originally in 2010, "has been a huge success and a powerful training component for our consumer and commercial dealers. The updated site has many new features that will help them even more."