MUNICH, Germany — BMW A.G. has selected ultra-high-performance tires from Pirelli & C. S.p.A. and Yokohama Rubber Co. Ltd. as OE fitments on its second-generation X4 sports activity coupe, which launched in July.
The BMW X4 has a sporty silhouette, a coupe-like roof and wide, flat rear and comes in seven trim levels, including a pair of BMW M Performance models powered by six-cylinder petrol and diesel engines rated at 354 hp and 326 hp, respectively.
The high-seat coupe is available in the following model variants:
- xDrive20i — 184 hp, wheels from 18 to 21 inches rim diameter;
- xDrive 30i — 252 hp, 18 to 21 inches;
- M40i — 354 hp, 20 to 21 inches;
- xDrive20d — 190 hp, 18 to 21 inches;
- xDrive25d — 231 hp, 18 to 21 inches;
- xDrive30d — 265 hp, 18 to 21 inches; and
- M40d — 326 hp, 20 to 21 inches.
Pirelli's fitments include tires from its P Zero, Cinturato P7, Cinturato P7 All-Season and Winter Sottozero Series III lines, while Yokohama is supplying fitments from its Advan Sport V105 series.
Both companies noted that the tires they're supplying were developed jointly with BMW and bear the German auto maker's star mark of approval on the sidewall. Both noted the majority are run-flats.
Pirelli's fitments are:
- P Zero — 245/40R21 100 Y XL (front); 275/35R21 103 Y XL (rear); 245/45R20 103 W XL (front); 275/40R20 106W XL (rear); 245/45R20 103Y XL (front); 275/40R20 106Y XL (rear); 245/50R19 105W XL (front and rear, non-run-flat);
- Cinturato P7 — 245/50R19 105W XL (front and rear); 245/50R19 105 W XL (front and rear) ; and 225/60R18 104W XL (front and rear).
- Cinturato P7 All Season — 245/50R19 105H XL (front and rear); and 245/50R19 105H XL (front and rear, non-run-flat).
- Winter Sottozero Series III — 245/50R19 105H XL (front and rear axle); and 225/60R18 104H XL (front and rear).
Yokohama' fitment comprises sizes 225/60R18 104W and 245/50R19 105W. The company did not specify on which trim level or levels its tires are specified.