NASHVILLE, Tenn. — Bridgestone Americas Inc. has expanded the Firestone commercial truck tire portfolio with the launch of the Firestone FD711 drive tire for high-scrub and high-traction applications.
The FD711 is available in sizes 11R22.5 and 11R24.5 in the U.S. and Canada and comes with Firestone's 90-day Buy and Try Guarantee.
Among the ideal applications for the tire are long- and regional-haul service, pickup-and-delivery service and light-to-moderate on/off highway environments.
According to Bridgestone, the tire features:
- Open shoulder design and aggressive tread blocks to provide exceptional traction and grip;
- Staggered tread block design and tough tread compounds to provide superior wear and abrasion resistance for ultra-long tread life;
- Slow wearing cap compound with a cool-running base to protect the tire's casing from damaging heat;
- Four-belt construction to combat casing penetration for improved durability and retread capability; and
- 26/32nds-inch tread depth and a 75 mph (120 km/h) speed rating.
Ed Emch, brand manager of Firestone and Dayton, commercial group, U.S. and Canada, Bridgestone Americas Tire Operations (BATO), said the tire was designed for long and regional haul fleets that "need an aggressive, durable tire...that provides solid grip in rain, mud and snow."