GREENVILLE, S.C. — Michelin North America's BFGoodrich brand is enhancing the scope of its recently launched Mud-Terrain T/A KM3 extreme off-roading line with a range of UTV sizes engineered for use on sport and multipurpose UTVs.
Derived from the design and look of the KM3 line, the new range features a UTV-specific tread compound designed to deliver enhanced grip on rock and other slick surfaces, BFGoodrich said. It also has a "Linear Flex Zone" that allows the tires to envelop objects at reduced inflation for even more grip when climbing.
The UTV versions of the KM3 are for off-road use and are not DOT-approved for use on public roads, BFG cautioned.
The range also features steel-belted radial construction adapted from race-proven technology designed for Baja 1000-winning tires, yielding maximum toughness with minimal weight.
The Traction-Armor Sidewall Sculpture and notched "Mud Phobic" shoulder design also boost traction capabilities in soft soil and mud, BFG said.
There are three UTV sizes available immediately:
- 28X10.00R14 NHS (max load 1,557 lbs. at 44 psi / 910 lbs. at 18 psi);
- 30X10.00R14 NHS (max load 1,760 lbs. at 44 psi / 1,034 lbs. at 18 psi); and
- 30X10.00R15 NHS (max load 1,694 lbs. at 44 psi / 1,015 lbs. at 18 psi)
In November 2018, two additional sizes will be available:
- 32x10.00R14 NHS (max load 2,002 lbs. at 44 psi / 1,172 lbs. at 18 psi); and
- 32x10.00R15 NHS (max load 1,936 lbs. at 44 psi / 1,150 lbs. at 18 psi)