NORTH RICHLAND HILLS, Texas — Automotive Service Association (ASA) President and Executive Director Dan Risley will resign, effective July 13, to accept a job with CCC Information Services Inc. in his home state of Illinois.
For the past five years, Mr. Risley was working remotely between his Chicago-area home and ASA's north Texas headquarters.
Beth Risch, ASA's certified public accountant, will serve as interim chief operating officer and oversee day-to-day operations. Mr. Risley will stay on in a consultant capacity until a new association leader is named, the ASA said.
Over the next few months, the ASA said it will be conducting a search to find a new executive director, seeking an individual with association management experience.
"During this period of transition, it is our priority to find the best individual to lead while still maintaining a stable and effective organization," ASA Chairman Roy Schnepper said.
"Associations are undergoing enormous challenges due to generational shifts, social changes and technology. It's crucial that we find the right leader who can address some of those challenges and give us a clear vision for our future."
As president, Mr. Risley navigated the ASA through an era of great change and transition, the association said. It listed Mr. Risley's accomplishments as:
- Implementing sound financial practices and processes after the association endured employee fraud;
- Adding three new affiliates to the association;
- Expanding and growing the popular MSO Symposium;
- Founding the Advanced Technology Diagnostic Repair Forum, now rebranded the Technology & Telematics Forum;
- Implemented a corporate sponsorship program as a revenue stream; and
- Partnering with Messe Frankfurt to combine Automechanika with NACE for NACE Automechanika.
"I want to sincerely thank Dan for his strong leadership during a crucial time in the history of the association," Mr. Schnepper said.
"His natural leadership talents, his financial prowess and inexhaustible energy led him to govern ASA with success and achievement."