BETHESDA, Md.—The Auto Care Association has released its two leading online publications, the Auto Care Factbook 2019 and the Auto Care Factbook & Lang Annual 2019.
The 2019 Factbook, the 28th annual edition released by the ACA, includes:
- Updated Key Economic Indicators 2014-2018, compiled by Northwood University;
- The latest trends on supply, demand and Compound Annual Growth Rates (CAGRs) for technician employment;
- An extended industry forecast through 2021 by IHS Markit;
- Updated program and retail distribution summaries;
- An updated Global Automotive Aftermarket Review by Jefferies;
- Updated U.S. and global aftermarket dynamics by Northwood University;
- Updated U.S. new and total vehicle registrations by IHS Markit; and
- An updated Hybrid Vehicles Summary and Vehicle Operating Costs.
The digital format of the Factbook allows readers to turn pages with the click of a mouse, locate date with the comprehensive word search feature and download charts, tables and graphs associated with the data, the ACA said in a June 13 press release.
The Lang annual section provides additional in-depth analysis of the light vehicle aftermarket by Jim Lang, president of Lang Marketing. Among other things, the Lang section contains:
- A sales volume analysis of 80 key products;
- Service market product volume by major type of service outlet;
- Do-it-yourself product volume by major type of retail outlet;
- The number of jobbers in the U.S. and by geographic area;
- Distribution analysis by five major channels;
- Changes in vehicle mix; and
- Analysis of growth by major auto care segments.
ACA members each receive a free copy of the Factbook as a membership benefit, along with three guest passes, the association said.
Extra copies for members are $575 each, and the non-member price is $1,950 per copy, it said.
The Factbook & Lang Annual is available to ACA members for $995 each and to non-members for $2,995 each, the association said.