NIAGARA FALLS, Ontario — "Taking Sustainability to the Next Level" is the theme of the 2018 Rubber Recycling Symposium scheduled for Nov. 7-8 in Niagara Falls.
The Tire and Rubber Association of Canada (TRAC) is sponsoring the symposium in collaboration with the U.S. Tire Manufacturers Association and eTracks Tire Management Systems.
The symposium will explore the premise that corporate sustainability is fully embedded at the highest level of the industry, TRAC said, tracking tires as they move along the value chain to the final end-user.
The speakers will focus on topics such as: Do we have sustainable market players throughout the channels who act in accord with corporate sustainability goals? Can these players operate in an ethical, social, environmental, cultural and economic sphere in the same way as their major suppliers?
The biennial TRAC Rubber Recycling Symposium, to be held at the Sheraton on the Falls Hotel, brings together international experts from tire and rubber manufacturing, rubber recycling, government and academia, the association said.
The Nov. 7 agenda will include:
- A global overview of sustainability initiatives in tire recycling;
- The future of sustainability in tire manufacturing;
- Tire stewardship in Ontario — transition to individual producer responsibility; and
- The search for sustainable markets.
The Nov. 8 agenda will include:
- A tire industry product update;
- Tire stewardship in Ontario — industry response to individual producer responsibility; and
- A panel of industry CEOs offering their insights into the challenges and opportunities presented by individual producer responsibility and the search for sustainable markets.
The registration fee for the symposium is $495 Canadian per person. To register for the symposium, go to eventbrite.ca.