Bipaver adds 2 speakers to Global Retreading Conference
BRUSSELS — Bipaver, the European retreading trade organization, has added two speakers to the Global Retreading Conference it's staging on May 29 in Cologne, Germany, in conjunction with the inaugural Tire Cologne trade show.
The new speakers are Jean-Pierre Taverne, European Tyre & Rubber Manufacturers Association and Coen Heukshorst, VMI Holland B.V., according to Brussels-based Bipaver.
In all, the conference — being held at the Cologne Congress Centre Fair (Koelmesse), has 10 presentations scheduled:
- Metal 3D Printing Technology (SLM) for tire mold series production — Ralf Frohwerk, Global Head Business Development, and SLM Solutions G.m.b.H., Lübeck, Germany
- The state of the art of modern tire inspection — Stefan Dengler, managing director, SDS Systemtechnik G.m.b.H., Calw, Germany;
- Solvent-free tire-repair systems in the retreading application — Detlef Witt, head of global product management, RemaTipTop A.G., Poing, Germany;
- "Automation in the Retreading Operation — Mr. Heukshorst.
Sustainability and politics:
- The EU retreading market and its challenges — Tim van der Rijken, general secretary BIPAVER and VACO, Leiden, Netherlands;
- Retreading – a virtuous circular economy model — Jean-Pierre Taverne, EU Coordinator, end-of-life tires and circular economy, ETRMA, Brussels;
Market Reports and success stories:
- The Latin American retreading industry overview — Leandro Rigon, representative of ALARNEU and international business director, Vipal Rubber, Porto Allegre, Brazil;
- Overview of the U.S. retreading market and improvements in plant efficiency — David Stevens, managing director, Tire Retread & Repair Information Bureau, Falls Church, Va.;
- The development of the Indian retreading market and its chances and challenges — Paulose Varughese, director, Midas Treads Pvt. Ltd., Kottayam, India.
Strategies and projects:
- The U.K. retreading market and strategies to survive as independent TBR retreader — Tim Hercock, president, Retread Manufacturers Association, and managing director, Vacu-Lug Traction Tyres Ltd., Grantham, England.
Interested parties are encouraged to register for this event, as participation is limited due the size of the venue. To register, go to Tire Cologne's website.
Attendance is free thanks to the event's sponsors Vipal, Maragoni, Rema TipTop and Kraiburg.
The event takes place on the first day of the Tire Cologne trade show, which runs May 29-June 1 at the Cologne Congress Centre.
Do you have an opinion about this story? Do you have some thoughts you'd like to share with our readers? Tire Business would love to hear from you. Email your letter to Editor Don Detore at [email protected].