DIAMOND BAR, Calif. — Nexen Tire America Inc.'s first mud-terrain tire, the Roadian MTX, now is available throughout its network of dealers.
The Roadian MTX (Mud Terrain Xtreme) features sidewalls with distinct looks — one a more aggressive appearance with sidewall traction bars and the other more traditional look — to allow customers to choose their own custom selection.
In addition to the custom sidewalls, the tire offers improved performance in mud terrain and for rock climbing, while providing quiet performance on highway terrain.
The tire was introduced at the 2017 SEMA show in Las Vegas.
The Diamond Bar-based subsidiary of South Korea's Nexen Tire Corp. said the Roadian MTX is available in 12 sizes ranging from 265/75R16 to 295/55R20, with 33-, 35- and 37-inch flotation sizes also available.
Nexen said the MSRP will be $205.
Other features include:
- 3-ply sidewall protection;
- Burly lugs for maximum grip, aggressive traction and control;
- Optimized block positions that reduce tire noise when transitioning from mud trails to asphalt streets;
- "F" load-carrying capacity on all flotation sizes and maximum air pressure of 80 psi for increased towing capacity;
- Reinforced rubber belt that delivers load-bearing durability over a range of applications; and
- Rim protector bars on sizes 20 inches and up to protect rims from curb rub or rock abrasion.
"Extreme off-road enthusiasts demand the most from their equipment — and especially their tires, which is why we've engineered the Roadian MTX tire series for superior performance in a variety of scenarios that the most spirited rock climbers and everyday road drivers would both appreciate," said Kyle Roberts, senior director of marketing for Nexen Tire USA.