PANAMA CITY — More than 200 international tire and retread manufacturers and exhibitors are expected to attend the 2018 Latin American & Caribbean Tyre Expo, to be held June 6-8 at the Atlapa Convention Center in Panama City.
Organizers of the ninth edition of the event say the expo is a great opportunity for companies looking to expand or grow their markets in Latin America and the Caribbean.
According to the show organizers, nine Latin American countries — Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico and Panama — have been identified by the International Trade Administration (ITA), part of the U.S. Department of Commerce, from the automotive parts and supply sector as being especially attractive to U.S. exporters.
Retreading will be a topic at the expo, as several companies, such as Tire Retread & Repair Information Bureau, Vipal Cauchos Retreading Business Ltd.; and, Elgi Rubber Co. L,L,C. are slated among the companies expected to attend.
Several speakers are giving presentations on June 7, including:
- Kevin Rohlwing, senior vice president of training, Tire Industry Association, "Tire Service Safety Training;"
- David Shaw, Head of Research, Tire Industry Research
- Jean Barros, Commercial Manager, Mexico and Central America, Vipal Rubber Corp, "The Future of the Global Retread Industry;"
- David Stevens, Managing Director, Tire Retread & Repair Information Bureau;
- Heriberto Romero, Director General/General Director, Hules Banda S.A. de C.V.
- Gustavo Lima, CEO, Latin Expo Group, L.L.C.