SANTA ANA, Calif. — Yokohama Tire Corp. will introduce two fuel-efficient trailer tires, the BluEarth 109L and BluEarth 109L ultra wide base (UWB), in the U.S. and Canada, March 1.
The SmartWay-verified tires are manufactured in Yokohama's plant in West Point, Miss.
The 109L will be available in four sizes — 295/75R22.5, 11R22.5, 285/75R24.5 and 11R24.5 — with the ultra wide-based version available in 445/50R22.5.
Tom Clauer, Yokohama Tire's manager of commercial and OTR product planning, called the 109L UWB "Yokohama's most fuel-efficient trailer tire…ever."
The 109L UWB features:
- State-of-the-art compound that provides one of the lowest RRCs in the category without sacrificing treadwear, according to Yokohama;
- An optimized tread pattern with seven circumferential grooves rolls smoothly for improved fuel-efficiency;
- A durable zero-degree belt assures a consistently stable footprint for long, even wear; and
- Optimized sipes to improve traction for braking in acclimate weather.
The 109L UWB is backed by a six-year, three-retread warranty.
The other 109L trailer tires feature:
- An advanced stress control groove design to resist shoulder damage from sharp turns or accidental curbing, while the tread pattern fights scaling in lateral slides;
- Enhanced fuel efficiency due to an advanced compound that reduces wear, as well as compact tread blocks that roll smoothly, according to Yokohama; and
- A five-rib design to improve traction.
All sizes of the 109L are backed by a seven-year, unlimited treadwear warranty.