OWATONNA, Minn. — Federated Mutual Insurance Co. — a Tire Industry Association preferred vendor — is planning its 2018 Risk Management Academy for tire and auto dealers for May 8-10 in Owatonna.
The Risk Management Academy provides an opportunity for businesses to learn best practices and network with industry peers from across the nation, the company said.
Each session is designed for individuals in positions of risk leadership including owners, operations management, service management, risk management, or human resources.
Session topics include:
- Risk management culture;
- Employment practices liability;
- Risk managing your drivers;
- Claims management;
- Selection risks and pitfalls;
- Employment practices risk management;
- Risk manager responsibilities;
- Family and business succession planning;
- Managing your workers' compensation;
- Underwriting your business;
- Cyber risk management;
- Federated Shield Network; and
- Disaster planning.
The seminars are held at Federated's corporate headquarters in Owatonna. Federated is offering free registration to attend the training, even those who are not Federated clients, TIA said.
The class size is limited to 40 people and the deadline to register is April 8.
For more information visit Federated's website.