PLAINFIELD, Ind. — Gem City Tire has opened its eighth location in a four-state area, a 43,000-sq.-ft. location in Plainfield, a suburb of Indianapolis.
Jeff Lecklider, Gem City Tire's founder and president, said the facility, located near Interstate 70, "provides a comprehensive range of premium products and services to keep trucks running efficiently."
According to Dayton, Ohio-based Gem City, the store, which has six drive-through service bays, provides Goodyear-brand commercial truck and retreads, as well as:
- 24/7 Goodyear-Fleet HQ Emergency Roadside Service performed by Tire Industry Association-certified technicians;
- Department of Transportation and tractor/trailer inspections;
- Preventive maintenance services, including truck alignments and oil changes;
- Light mechanical services, such as brake replacement and electrical system repair; and
- Wheel refinishing and powder coating.
Mr. Lecklider said the new location "underscores our commitment to serving the trucking industry with premium-quality products and the highest degree of service and professionalism."
Gem City's other locations are in Indianapolis and Edinburgh, Ind.; Columbus, Dayton and Cincinnati, Ohio; and Champaign and Peoria, Ill.
Gem City's Dayton location includes a Goodyear authorized retread plant.