FINDLAY, Ohio — Hercules Tire & Rubber Co. has started distributing a line of pneumatic skid-steer tires under its recently launched Hercules by Solideal industrial tire program.
The skid-steer line-up comprises a good-better-best offering, providing a range of options for general use through severe-duty applications, Hercules said — XD-44 severe duty; Hauler SKZ heavy duty; X-Wall all-around duty; and Gripper medium duty.
Hercules is backing all four tires with a five-year Limited Protection Policy covering defects in workmanship and materials.
"Our objective with these initial offerings was to give our dealers a collection of tires that would enable them to offer a Hercules solution to 90 percent of the skid steer tire requests that they receive," Hercules Vice President Jedd Emans said.
"These options offer great coverage with the unsurpassed value that the marketplace has come to expect from Hercules."
The Hercules by Solideal skid steer offering comprise:
- XD-44 — Ultra-premium L5 tire for severe-duty applications and/or hard surfaces; 80-percent lug-to-void ratio delivers exceptional wear and impact resistance.
- Hauler SKZ — Premium ND heavy-duty tire with excellent ground contact; deep, non-directional tread ensures excellent traction moving forward or in reverse; all-surface durability.
- X-Wall — All-around, high-use R4 tire predominantly for dirt applications; staggered step lugs and middle breaker provide superior mud cleanout.
- Gripper — Medium-duty R4 tire with excellent wear; square shoulder design promotes even wear; heavier construction than most comparable entry-level offerings.
- The XD-44, Hauler SKZ and X-Wall tires feature reinforced sidewalls and rim protectors, while the Gripper offers premium chunk-and tear-resistant compounding.
Hercules announced the launch in September of its specialty commercial tire range, covering 14 key industrial commercial product categories, from skid steer to radial OTR.
The range consists predominantly of products Hercules is sourcing Camso Ltd.'s Solideal operation in Sri Lanka, which are marked "Hercules by Solideal."
Hercules' parent company American Tire Distributors Inc. is distributing the new lines throughout the U.S., Hercules said