AKRON — Goodyear has added size 20.5R25 to its AS-3A all-season OTR tire, designed for construction, mining and quarry applications.
The new size has a 40/32-inch tread depth (G3/L3) for enhanced traction, Goodyear said.
Other features of the AS-3A include:
- Specially placed blades for optimized ice and snow traction;
- Multiple groove edges for improved traction across all surfaces;
- Flexible block elements for low stone retention;
- Wide-base construction for high flotation, enhanced stability and low ground pressure; and
- A distinct groove shape for optimized self-cleaning in all conditions.
"This important addition completes the tire's size lineup, which covers a full range of applications and conditions, including snow and ice-covered surfaces that require exceptional traction," said Eric Matson, Goodyear's global field engineering manager.
Goodyear said it will add a high-demand retread size, 23.5R25, for the AS-3A in 2018. The existing tread rubber selection for the AS-3A includes sizes 14.00R24/25, 16.00R24/25, 16.00x24, 17.5R25, 20.5R25 and 20.5x25.
The entire Goodyear AS-3A range is available through Goodyear's distribution network.
Mr. Matson touted Goodyear's after-sale services, including on-site consultations, site audits, footprint evaluations, temperature studies and tire surveys, designed to optimize the performance of the Goodyear AS-3A.
"Goodyear's goal is to help end users enhance their productivity while lowering their operating costs," Mr. Matson said.