Profile makes available to the auto care business all information gathered and service pricing generated to help with follow up and appointment scheduling, among other capabilities, Openbay said.
"Profile is an extension of the Openbay marketplace. Consumers want their automotive-repair-service buying experience to be easier, faster and they demand transparency in the process," said Rob Infantino, founder and CEO of Openbay.
"Openbay Profile enables automotive care businesses to deliver to the consumer a detailed understanding of what is involved in a service upfront, making appointment booking seamless and without the need to call around or wait for a response from completing a Web form."
Other Openbay Profile features include:
- A self-managed branded online business profile, including company contact information, hours of operation, services offered, business photos, and specials and promotions;
- Automotive certifications and training;
- Ability for consumers to generate a request for automotive service;
- Openbay ASP — an iOS and Android mobile app — monitors and reports on service request activity;
- Ratings and reviews from Openbay and third-party review providers; and
- Links to social networks.
Openbay Profile offers a variety of plans, starting at $49 per location per month, for various types of auto care businesses, from single-owner independent auto repair shops to national chains and franchise dealerships.
"The automotive aftermarket is in desperate need of modernization and alignment with the modern-day digital consumer," said Barry Steinberg, president and CEO of Watertown, Mass.-based Direct Tire & Auto Service, in a quote provided by OpenBay.
"The team at Direct Tire & Auto Service is working hard to expand its digital footprint for all of its five locations. We are also dedicated to researching and selecting new and innovative tools to meet the needs and expectations of online consumers with an immediate need for automotive services.
"Openbay Profile is one of the many solutions deployed by all Direct Tire locations to align itself with the shift in consumer-buying behavior."