SANTA ANA, Calif. — Yokohama Tire Corp. will offer five new dual TRA code designations for OTR tires for both loader and transport applications.
The tires with the dual markings are the RB31; RT31/RT31+; RL31; RT41; and RL45. Each will feature an E/L designation within the size on the sidewall.
"Dual service markings make a lot of sense because they allow the flexibility for one product to serve two separate service applications," said Bruce Besancon, senior director of OTR sales.
"That helps dealers consolidate inventory cost and space and provides end users flexibility in multi-service, multi-equipment applications.
Here's a rundown of each:
- RB31: Features a tread pattern design with a non-directional block pattern that provides abrasion resistance and excellent traction on soft, sandy surfaces. It features four steel belts for optimum puncture resistance. The radial tire is made for articulated dump trucks, scrapers and front-end loaders and is available in sizes 20.5R25 E/L3; 23.5R25 E/L3; 26.5R25 E/L3; and 29.5R25 E/L3.
- RT31/RT31+: A radial tire for articulated dump trucks, dozers and front-end loaders. It's puncture-resistant as a result of four steel belts, plus an advanced tread design provides great traction, making it ideal for any variety of soft and muddy terrain, the company said. It is available sizes are 20.5R25 E/L3; 23.5R25 E/L3; and 26.5R25 E/L3.
- RL31: Available in size 20.5R25 E/L3, this is designed for wheel loaders, dozers and articulated dump trucks for difficult mining and rocky surfaces. The radial's rock flush pattern and shoulder protector provides cut resistance for the tread and sidewall, and the four steel belts offer more puncture resistance.
- RT41: A radial tire for articulated dump trucks, scrapers and front-end loaders, this provides abrasion resistance and excellent traction on soft, rocky and gravel surfaces, as a result of a tread pattern design with non-directional block pattern. It features four steel belts for puncture resistance, a two-ply nylon chafer for longer casing life and sturdy sidewall construction for long lasting tire life. Sizes are 23.5R25 E/L4; 26.5R25 E/L;4 and 29.5R25 E/L4.
- RL45: This radial is for demanding applications, made for articulated dump trucks, scrapers and front-end loaders. The tread composition provides improved wear, low-heat generation and cut-resistance, while the zigzag-shaped grooves offer better traction on rock and gravel surfaces. Available sizes are 26.5R25 E/L4 and 29.5R25 E/L4.