NASHVILLE, Tenn. — Bridgestone Americas Inc. is offering two free jobsite resources for customers in the mining, construction and aggregates industries — a pre-shift inspection poster and video that provide general guidelines to identify and report irregular tire, rim and wheel conditions early, lowering the lifecycle cost of OTR tires.
"OTR tires face some of the toughest conditions in the world, and at Bridgestone, we are committed to helping our customers work as safely and efficiently as possible — whatever the conditions," said Rob Seibert, director, marketing, commercial off-the-road tires, Bridgestone Americas Tire Operations.
A regular tire inspection and maintenance program is crucial to safety and productivity, Bridgestone said, noting its inspection poster and video provide guidelines to identify tire conditions easily before every shift, preventing unplanned downtime.
The inspection steps include:
- Inspect for irregular wear or flat spots in the tread and shoulder;
- Look for any bulges or separations in the sidewall;
- Ensure there are no cracks, splits, leaks or breaks in the beads;
- Examine rust or corrosion of components on the wheel and rim;
- Check inflation levels and examine the tire for any loose or damaged valve stems; and
- Report any damage or issues immediately to a supervisor.
Bridgestone recommends customers conduct daily pre-shift inspections and frequent formal inspections using an integrated tire and rim management tracking system.
The pre-shift inspection poster and video are available for download in the U.S. and Canada at commercial.bridgestone.com.