BETHESDA, Md. — Women in Auto Care (formerly the Car Care Council Women's Board) has named new members of the education, marketing, member development and newly formed membership committees.
The committee members will serve two-year terms.
The education committee, led by Danielle Sonnefeld, N.A. Williams Co., focuses on development and support of women entering the auto care industry through educational scholarships, mentoring and career support. The committee raises money, reviews scholarship applications and selects scholarship recipients.
This year, the committee is focused on creating and implementing a student coaching program. The new committee members are:
- Nicole Brennan, Hopkins Manufacturing Corp.;
- Nancy Brown, AAMCO Transmission and Total Car Care;
- Lauren Dabney, The Parts House;
- Jacquie Hower, Zimmerman's Automotive Service Inc.;
- Kathryn Reinhardt, MagnaFlow Exhaust;
- Teresa Scott, CPS Automotive; and
- Vonda Lee, past education committee chair, Supply Line International.
The marketing committee, led by Sarah Shelstrom, Integrated Supply Network Inc., drives awareness for Women in Auto Care through marketing and advertising, and promotes fundraising initiatives to support the growth of Women in Auto Care. This year, the committee's goal is to increase funding through more creative sponsorship opportunities and increase the overall presence in the automotive aftermarket with effective and targeted marketing, the association said.
The new marketing committee members are:
- Emily Beetler, NAPA AutoCare;
- Lynn Campbell, VIP Tires & Service;
- Roxanne Doche, Management Success;
- Melanie Gann, Standard Motor Products Inc.;
- Asu Sole, ISC Industries Inc.;
- Tara Topel, Topel's Service Center Inc.; and
- Tina Choinacky, past marketing committee chair, N.A. Williams Co.
The member development committee, led by Olivia Newton, Standard Motor Products Inc., encourages leadership in women in the auto care industry through mentoring, development and recognition. This year, the committee will focus on the continued expansion of the Women in Auto Care mentorship program, exploring new development opportunities to incorporate into member programming and streamlining the nomination and selection processes for the Women of the Year awards, the association said.
The new committee members are:
- Betsy Casada, KOST USA Inc.;
- Laurie Hanson, Hanson Distributing Co. Inc.;
- Barbara E. Moran-Goodrich, Moran Family of Brands;
- Lisa N. Rodriguez, Soaring Marketing;
- Brenda White, 180BIZ; and
- Judy Zimmerman Walter, Zimmerman's Automotive Service Inc.
The newly created membership committee, led by Dawn Zieren, NPD Group, is charged with growing membership through recruiting new members while retaining existing membership, according to the association.
The new committee members are:
- Tina Alread, HDA Truck Pride;
- Cindy Frasca, Kukui Corp.;
- Shari Pheasant, Horse Power Strategies;
- Cyndi Tejada, Standard Motor Products Inc.;
- Jessica Toliuszis, N.A. Williams Co.; and
- Jill Trotta, RepairPal Inc.
The new committee members will meet at the Summer Leadership Conference in Nashville, Tenn., July 19-20.