ROME, Ga. — TP Commercial Solutions L.L.C. has launched the Pirelli Pentathlon D, its first tire in the Pentathlon product family, dedicated to premium long-haul drive applications in North America.
TP Commercial Solutions is a marketing entity of the Pirelli brand of radial truck tires, agricultural tires and OTR tires in the U.S. and Canada.
According to TP Commercial, the Pentathlon D offers high mileage and fuel savings, as well as low emission benefits as a SmartWay-verified tire with EcoImpact features.
As the Pentathlon name connotes, the tire has five distinct areas that distinguish it, according to the tire maker:
- High mileage with a dual-layer tread compound incorporated into the design for long-lasting performance;
- Energy efficiency achieved via a specialized undertread compound to provide lower rolling resistance and therefore lower fuel consumption and CO2 emissions;
- Even wear with an optimized pattern geometry and 3SB belt evolution for durable, even wear;
- High traction due to a directional tread pattern for grip on wet and dry roads; and
- High retreadability with Pirelli's patented Spiral Advanced Technology for Truck (SATT) technology, combined with Hexa Bead Wire.
For more information, visit www.pirelli.com/commercial/us.