COLOGNE, Germany — There is still time to register for the Future Tire Conference 2017, featuring 20 speakers and panels focusing on the conference's theme of: " Staying ahead in the new digital era — Smart Plants, Smart Supply, Smart Tires."
Industry leaders and decision makers from across the tire industry will share their perspective on the technologies, systems and strategies most likely to impact the fast-emerging new era for tire production and distribution.
The conference, which is being organized by the European Rubber Journal, a sister publication of Tire Business, will beheld June 27-28 at the Leonardo Royal Hotel in Cologne.
Luisella Giani, Europe/Middle East/Africa digital director for Oracle Corp., will deliver the keynote address, "Kick-starting the digital transformation of a more traditional business."
Ms. Giani will discuss putting the focus on strategy and vision first, define key targets and scorecards, technology drivers for future business, using tips and examples from the tire industry.
Other speakers scheduled to present at the conference include: Shibu George and Csaba Mákos of Apollo Tyres Hungary Ltd.; Jyrki Anttonen of Cimcorp Oy; Aki Nurminen of Black Donuts Engineering; Marco Spinetto of Pirelli Tyre S.p.A.; Oliver Schramm of Continental A.G.; David Anckaert of Dunlop Development Center; and David Shaw of Tire Industry Research.
Other topics to be discussed at the event include:
- The biggest game changers over the next 5-10 years;
- Advances in tire-plant automation: what changes are being adopted;
- The technological revolution and what manufacturers need to do now to adapt, shape and harness it;
- Investment decisions to support new automated machines and technologies;
- Increasingly connected smart cars and how they are impacting tire design;
- Using technology to enhance industry skills and training;
- Using real-time data analytics to create more efficient life cycle production;
- RFID capabilities to track and trace processes;
- Smarter supply chain and logistics solutions; and
- Lean manufacturing and distribution.
To register for the event and to see the full conference program, click here.