ST. CHARLES, Ill. — Merlin 200,000 Mile Shops recently recognized its top franchisees at its "Firing On All Cylinders" national conference held in St. Charles.
Merlin's 2017 annual business conference focused on operational, marketing and development successes and goals, according to Driven Brands Inc., parent of the franchisor. Sessions at this year's event provided franchisees and managers with education they need to make their business more successful.
"The awarded Merlin 200,000 Mile Shops demonstrate consistency, implementation and leadership," said Ray Munoz, Merlin's general manager. "Year after year these shops have all their components well-tuned to fire on all cylinders."
The following Merlin franchisees were honored with the 2016 awards:
- Don Miller, Waukegan, Ill., and Chris Schultz, Aurora, Ill. — recognized as the program's top and second highest sales leaders;
- Mike Decker, Kenosha, Wis. — "Most Improved Performance";
- Jason Powell, Plainfield North, Ill. — "Marketing Effectiveness Report" award, which quantifies how well a shop implements the Merlin operating system and the use of Merlin's signature programs;
- Steve Golz, Montgomery, Ill. — "Merlin Pride" award for exhibiting superior levels of image and maintenance performance throughout the year;
- Muffazal Simba, Glendale Heights, Ill. — "Builder" award for accumulating the most training points during the course of one year; and
- Tim Williams, DeKalb, Ill. —"Rolling Farther" award for selling the most tire units of all Merlin shops.
Three franchisees were honored with the "Top 10 Percent" award for standing within the top 10 percent in sales of all Merlin Shops. They were Tom Walaszek, Lockport, Ill.; Mitesh Patel, Elk Grove Village, Ill.; and Jason Powell, Plainfield North, Ill.
Nine franchisees earned "We Care" service awards for exemplifying outstanding customer service and receiving zero customer complaints.
They are: Chris Schultz, Aurora, Ill.; Luis Olmos, Carpentersville, Ill.; Jeff Strauss, Cary and Crystal Lak, Ill.; Jeff McClearn, Downers Grove South, Ill.; Arun Patel, Hanover Park, Ill.; Tom Walaszek, Lockport, Ill.; Steve Golz, Montgomery, Ill.; Mike Geringer, St. Charles, Ill.; and Don Miller, Waukegan, Ill.
There are 38 Merlin's franchise outlets in operation, according to the franchise program's website, including 35 in Illinois.