ORLANDO, Fla. (Jan. 30, 2017) — Goodyear is adding an all-season tire to its Assurance line, the "WeatherReady," which the company claims is its "best traction tire ever."
Goodyear unveiled the tire at its 2017 national dealer conference, under way in Orlando.
The company plans to roll the product out in a range of 15- to 20-inch rim diameter sizes covering more than three-quarters of minivans and SUVs registered throughout North America.
To achieve its traction claims, the WeatherReady incorporates a "variety of stability-enhancing features," including:
- Evolving traction grooves to provide like-new traction as the tire wears;
- 3D TredLock technology blades, which provide predictable traction in turns when the weather changes;
- Asymmetric tread for traction in any weather;
- Sweeping tread grooves that force water away; and
- Zig-zag biting edges that provide dependable grip on snow and ice.
According to Goodyear, the tire fits these cars: Toyota Camry, Corolla and Highlander; Ford Edge, Escape and Explorer; Honda Accord, Civic and CR-V; Hyundai Sonata and Santa Fe; Nissan Altima and Rogue; and Chevrolet Cruze and Equinox.
"The Goodyear Assurance WeatherReady helps deliver exactly what its name implies: superior confidence behind the wheel, whether the road is slick with rain or covered with ice," said Ryan Patterson, president of Goodyear's North American consumer tire business.
Goodyear did not disclose pricing information at this time.