WARREN, Mich. (Dec. 13, 2016) — Robert Bosch L.L.C.'s OTC brand has updated its Encore software with expanded diagnostic capabilities for domestic, Asian and European vehicles.
Bravo 2.8, which is available for current Encore users, features 192 new systems and 1,433 new vehicle-ECU combinations, OTC said. The new design also allows for more information to be displayed on header bars diagnostic scan code screen. Additionally, technicians can turn data on and off during special tests and software updates, OTC said.
Additional Encore software enhancements include:
- Expanded Ford Passive Anti-Theft System (PATS) key programming;
- Zero point calibration tests for many Nissan models;
- Automated EVAP tests for many Toyota models;
- Expanded coverage for ZF steering systems tests for many Audi, BMW and Mini models;
- Improved power balance test for Ford models, featuring an extended run time and the ability to run back-to-back tests; and
- Automatically boots up in Live Mode.
Current Encore users can download the newest Bravo update
All Encore owners can download the latest update. Technicians with expiring subscriptions must renew their subscriptions to keep their lifetime warranty active, receive future coverage updates and benefit from the Diagnostics for Life program.
Additional information about Bravo 2.8, as well as other Encore products, is available online.
OTC became a Bosch brand in 2010 and was integrated into the Automotive Service Solutions Business Unit of the Bosch Automotive Aftermarket Business Division. Bosch Automotive Service Solutions is a manufacturer and supplier of professional vehicle electronic diagnostic equipment and automotive fuel maintenance.