BOWIE, Md. (Dec. 6, 2016) — “Employment Insights — Policies and Documentation” is the title of the webinar scheduled for Dec. 15 by the Tire Industry Association (TIA) and Federated Insurance, TIA's preferred provider of business and workers' compensation insurance.
Scheduled for 2 p.m. Eastern time, the webinar will be conducted by Enquiron as part of the Federated Employment Practices Network (FEPN), according to TIA. Robin Taylor Symons, co-managing partner of the Miami office of Gordon & Rees L.L.P., will host the webinar, TIA said.
The webinar will discuss the hidden dangers of outdated policies and insufficient documentation of the actions employers take relating to their employees, the association said. It will focus on the positive impact of having current policies and consistent documentation within your organization, it said.
Among the highlights will be:
- Why and how to keep policies and handbooks updated;
- Documentation of harassment and discrimination complaints and investigations;
- Performance issue documentation;
- Social media policies and trends;
- Workplace bullying and how it relates to existing policies; and
- Politics in the workplace: refreshing your organization's policy.
The webinar is free to TIA members, but they must register online at tireindustry.org.