CONCORD, N.C. (Nov. 30, 2016) — The National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) recognized 45 automotive technicians recently as the top professionals in their field with their respective companies.
Among the 45 are 10 auto techs working for retail tire dealerships, including five with various TBC Corp. brands and franchise organizations.
The auto techs are selected based on a variety of criteria, including scores on ASE tests, on-the-job excellence and community service, the ASE said.
“ASE has recognized the best of the best in our industry for more than 40 years, and this year we honored 45 outstanding individuals from all across the nation,” said ASE President and CEO Tim Zilke.
“We couldn't do this without the support of our many award sponsors,...” he said. “Their commitment to excellence is reflected in the talented individuals receiving these awards each year. The enthusiasm and professionalism displayed by all of our award winners is a testament to the high quality individuals wearing the ASE Blue Seal and we are proud to have them as part of the ASE family.”
The technicians were recognized Nov. 16 at the ASE's Fall Board of Governors meeting held in Concord.
Among the 45 honored Automobile Technicians of the Year and their sponsors were (listed alphabetically):
- Robert Daigle, Pep Boys, Londonderry, N.H. — Pep Boys – Manny, Moe & Jack;
- Joshua Kemmerer, Midas International, Telford, Pa. — TBC Corp./ Midas International;
- Shawn Lemons, Tire Kingdom, Colorado Springs, Colo. — TBC Corp./Tire Kingdom
- Matthew Morrison, Clark Tires in Hickory, N.C. — AutoZone;
- Gary Sharits, Christian Brothers Automotive, New Port Richey, Fla. — Christian Brothers Automotive/RepairPal
- Derek Sorenson, Firestone Tire & Service Center in Carmichael, Calif. — Bridgestone Retail Operations;