GREENVILLE, S.C. (Nov. 21, 2016) — For the second year, Michelin North America Inc. is hosting its transportation appreciation campaign, #KeepThanksMoving, on social media to honor “heroes” in the transportation industry.
Michelin is encouraging people to share their appreciation on Twitter using #KeepThanksMoving and or by posting on the MichelinUSA Facebook page, in order to recognize an outstanding individual's service and dedication to delivering holiday happiness, the company said.
“Michelin applauds the commitment of individuals in the transportation industry in the air, on our roads, and across the farms and fields of America who deliver when it matters most,” said Ralph Dimenna, chief operating officer of Michelin Americas Truck Tires Inc.
“These unsung heroes enable us to travel home, transport our food and gifts, and keep our economy moving, not to mention the millions of miles driven by shoppers and travelers during the holidays and throughout the year.”
Each week through Dec. 31, Michelin will recognize individuals in the transportation and travel industries based on the posts received on its social media channels.
Michelin will randomly select seven individuals who are honored as holiday heroes via social media posts. Each person will receive a limited edition Michelin-themed gourmet gift box from Try the World, an online gourmet store.
Some of the workers Michelin claims are heroes include:
- Airport workers who will enable more than 27 million people to fly on U.S. airlines over a 12-day period around Thanksgiving 2016 alone.
- Truck drivers, numbering more than 3.6 million, who will transport nearly 70 percent of all the freight tonnage in the U.S. this holiday season.
- Farmers, each of whom supplies food for 144 people in the U.S. and abroad each year.
- Miners who extract nearly 100 different kinds of minerals from the earth and provide the raw materials for heat, electricity, roads and bridges and consumer products.
- Parcel delivery workers who will deliver nearly 20 billion of packages, letters and gifts during the 2016 holiday season.
- Snow plow drivers who enable drivers to get to their destinations safely during inclement weather events.
- Construction workers who build buildings, roads and infrastructure.
In addition to finding official contest rules on Michelinmedia.com, participants can download a “Thank You” card from to give to their community heroes.