To learn more about the ASA's program, visit aapexshow.com/asa. For more about the AVI's program, visit aapexshow.com/avi.
During the show, the National Automotive Service Task Force (NASTF) will hold its Fall 2016 General Meeting on Nov. 2, at the Sands Expo. The meeting will include a session on proper and effective use of the SAE J2534 vehicle interface device.
Additionally, the Automotive Maintenance & Repair Association/Motorist Assurance Program (AMRA/MAP) will hold its annual membership meeting on Oct. 31 at the Venetian. The business meeting will be followed by cocktail reception and networking session.
The AAPEX 2016 General Session, starting at 8 a.m. on Nov. 2, at the adjacent Venetian hotel will feature retired four-star Gen. Michael Hayden, former director of the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) and the National Security Agency (NSA). He will address the political situations in hot spots around the world, analyzing the tumultuous global environment and their impact on American interests. He will speak on the need to adapt to the ever-changing informational landscape and the dangers, risks, and potential rewards of America's cyber security situation.
AAPEXedu sessions designed for auto service professionals include:
- 2017 Aftermarket Outlook with speaker Nathan Shipley of NPD Group Inc.
- Selling Value: The key to better sales negotiation outcomes, Mike Schatzki, Negotiation Dynamics
- Is vertical integration in the aftermarket going to redefine the competitive landscape? Dietmar Ostermann, Ganesh Kalpundi and Jan Hesse of PwC
- The power of 1% sales negotiating, Mr. Schatzki
- Understanding how emotions drive purchasing decisions, Chuck Bean, Martec Group
- Next-generation marketing: Successfully positioning a brand or service with the millennial buyer, Ryan Jenkins, NextGenerationCatalyst
- No! Really! What is your competitive edge?, Brian Gardner, SalesProcess360
- What the aftermarket needs to know about connected vehicles, Debby Bezzina, University of Michigan Transportation Research Institute; Dmitri Khijniak, 7layers Inc.; and Kevin Gay, U.S. Department of Transportation
- CRM is not a 4-letter word (Getting ROI from CRM), Mr. Gardner
- Next generation engagement: Proven strategies to attract and retain millennial talent, Mr. Jenkins
- The digital seller: How to make the internet your best friend and dramatically increase sales success, Marcus Sheridan, The Sales Lion
- How to become the Wikipedia of the industry to build your brand, business and bottom line, Mr. Sheridan
- Content marketing: Story telling. Bigger revenues. Less selling, Carla Johnson, Monumental Shift Inc.
- New sales speak: The 9 biggest sales presentation mistakes and how to avoid them, Terri Sjodin, Sjodin Communications
- Building your brand in the digital age, Al Haberstroh, MontAd Media
- Customer experiences: Start showing. Quit telling, Ms. Johnson
- Small message. Big impact: How to put the power of the elevator speech effect to work for you, Ms. Sjodin
- 2017 Aftermarket Outlook (repeat)
- Five trends in five minutes: Trends affecting the aftermarket environment, Mark Seng, IHS Automotive