AKRON (Aug. 9, 2016) — The organizers of the biennial International Tire Exhibition & Conference (ITEC) have put together a Tire Recycling Workshop this year that features 10 experts in the field covering the industry from technical specifications to developing end markets.
The workshop, to be held Sept. 13 during ITEC at the John S. Knight Center in downtown Akron, will be co-moderated by Mary Sikora, president of the Recycling Research Institute.
ITEC is organized by Rubber & Plastics News under the auspices of Crain Communications Inc., publisher of both RPN and Tire Business.
Among the topics to be covered are:
- an update on the U.S. scrap tire markets;
- changes to ASTM standards (recycled rubber) that will require tighter feedstock specifications of tire-derived material to the manufacturer and compounder;
- discussions about the global markets related to exports and importing of tires and rubber; and
- new technologies in rubber pavement applications.
The workshop starts at 9 a.m. and runs throughout the day with a lunch break from noon to 1:30 p.m.
Denise Kennedy, will serve as coordinator for the which will return for this year's
The schedule of speakers and their topics are:
- John Sheerin, director, end-of-life programs, Rubber Manufacturers Association — “U.S. Scrap Tire Market and Industry Forecast.”
- Amy Brackin, market development manager for Liberty Tire Recycling L.L.C. and chairman of the Synthetic Turf Council board — “Myths and Facts About Recycled Rubber.”