AKRON (Aug. 8, 2016) — Goodyear has added a pair of mixed-service tires under its Workhorse line to its portfolio of commercial tires.
The newest releases are the Workhorse MSA and MSD for over-the-road and on-/off-road applications. They follow by few weeks the launch of the Armor Max Pro Grade MSD tire for construction, cement, dump and coal field trucks.
According to Evan Perrow, marketing manager, the Workhorse name denotes tough and dependable, designed to help mixed-service trucks tackle tough jobs while helping to lower operating costs.
Among the Workhorse MSA's features are:
- A high-mileage tread compound and enhanced tread volume to help offer many miles to removal;
- A wide footprint to help enhance mileage, cornering and handling;
- Penetration protectors to help resist stone drilling for retreadability;
- A steel belt/casing package to offer toughness and outstanding performance; and
- A tread design that helps reduce road noise for a quiet ride.