FORT MILL, S.C. (July 22, 2016) — Fourteen Major League Soccer (MLS) players are taking their agility, speed and quick thinking to a closed-circuit autocross course as part of “What'Cha Got,” a short feature presented by Continental Tire the Americas L.L.C.
The segment, which airs on FOX and FOX Sports 1's “Sunday Soccer” lineup, gives 14 soccer players a chance to get behind the wheel of a 2016 Audi R8 — fitted with the ContiSportContact 5P, an ultra-high performance sport tire— and put their skills t o the test.
“We are excited to partner with Continental Tire to bring MLS fans a third season of What'Cha Got,” said Townsend Bell, WeatherTech SportsCar Championship driver and host of “What'Cha Got”
“We are testing the driving skills of a whole new round of players competing on our most challenging course yet. It should be entertaining as we introduce new track features like a slalom and jump.”
Seven players from the MLS Eastern Conference will face seven from the Western Conference in a battle to see which conference — and ultimately which player — has the best driving skills. Participating in this year's event are:
- Luis Robles – New York Red Bulls goalkeeper
- Chance Myers – Sporting KC defender
- Eric Wynalda – FOX soccer commentator
- Steven Birnbaum – D.C. United defender
- Ray Gaddis – Philadelphia Union defender
- Brek Shea – Orlando City SC midfielder
- AJ DeLaGarza – LA Galaxy defender
- Ethan Finlay – Columbus Crew SC forward
- Luke Mulholland – Real Salt Lake midfielder
- Zach Loyd – FC Dallas defender
- Juan Agudelo – New England Revolution forward
- Fatai Alashe – San Jose Earthquakes midfielder
- Chris Korb – D.C. United defender
- Andrew Wenger – Houston Dynamo forward
“This year's batch of players was extremely competitive,” said Travis Roffler, director of marketing for Continental Tire. “This is our third season and I think some of these guys have been practicing because they definitely put those Continental tires to work.”
The first episode of “What'Cha Got” airs July 24. A new episode will air weekly, with the championship matchup set to air in December.