NIAGARA FALLS, Ontario (July 11, 2016) — Early bird registration has opened for the 2016 Rubber Recycling Symposium, scheduled for the Crowne Plaza Niagara Falls — Fallsview Hotel Oct. 5-7.
Until July 31, participants can register at the discounted price of $420 ($550 Canadian) plus tax, organizers of the symposium noted in a July 8 press release.
The 2016 Rubber Recycling Symposium is co-sponsored by the Tire and Rubber Association of Canada, the Rubber Manufacturers Association and Ontario Tire Stewardship, according to publicity for the symposium.
Held every two years, the symposium provides opportunity for recycling industry professionals and other interested parties to network with each other and present the most up-to-date information about rubber recycling innovations.
“Driving Towards the Circular Economy” is the theme of the 2016 symposium, organizers said. Scheduled presentations at the symposium include:
- A global overview of the legislative and regulatory environment for rubber recycling;
- A panel of tire manufacturers discussing the challenges and solutions to including recycled rubber in new tires;
- The current status of synthetic turf and tire-derived aggregate;
- Changes to tire stewardship in Ontario occasioned by the Waste-Free Ontario Act; and
- Recommendations and strategies for promoting the use of rubber-modified asphalt.