FINDLAY, Ohio (June 24, 2016) — Hercules Tire & Rubber Co. is rolling out the next generation of its popular Ironman iMOVE tires.
The new Ironman iMOVE Gen2 AS entry-level, all-season UHP tire line, designed for enhanced tread life, is available in 61 T-, H-, V- and W-rated sizes for wheel diameters between 14 and 22 inches. Fifty sizes of the new tire offering are available in the U.S. and will be introduced as existing iMOVE inventories are exhausted, according to the Findlay-based private brander.
“We did a great job of balancing the new features of the iMOVE Gen2 AS with those that made its predecessor so popular,” said Jedd Emans, vice president of marketing for Hercules. “Our customers will be excited at the evolution of the iMOVE and the range of new sizes available to them.”
According to the company, the new iMOVE Gen 2 AS features:
- An asymmetric tread design for enhanced traction and responsive handling in wet and dry conditions;
- A new generation wear-resistant compound that improves durability and extends tread life;
- Enhanced tread block geometry and siping placement to increase grip and minimize road noise;
- Improved pressure distribution, which promotes even wear and extended tread life; and
- Circumferential and longitudinal grooves to maximize water evacuation and minimize hydroplane risk.
“The popularity of our Ironman brand is taking off because it capably meets the demand for economically priced tires with good quality and appealing aesthetics,” Mr. Emans said “Plus, not many entry-level tires are backed by a company with the reputation and long-standing history of Hercules.”
More details about the Ironman iMOVE Gen2 AS including sizes and specifications are available on Hercules' website.