MIAMI — The organizer of the 2016 Latin American & Caribbean Tyre Expo in Panama has set up a business conference for July 14 with five presentations on trending topics, including three on retreading.
The conference will take place in the Salon Portobello at the Atlapa Convention Center, site of the 2015 Latin Tyre Expo, according to Gustavo Lima, CEO of Latin Expo Group L.L.C., the expo organizer. The conference will run from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
The speakers and their topics are:
- Heriberto Romero of Hules Banda S.A. de C.V. — Crisis Means Opportunity;
- Jean Alexander Barros, Vipal Cauchos — Tires and Sustainable Transportation;
- David Stevens, Tire Retread & Repair Information Bureau (TRIB) — A Look at the Global Retreading Industry;
- Milton Lopez, Maxam Tire Latam L.L.C. — Specialized solution to generate gains; and
- Ali Guo, Aeolus Tyre Co. Ltd. — Aeolus Philosophy and Team Culture.
Mr. Lima will moderate the conference.
The 2016 Latin Tyre Expo runs July 13-15. This year marks the seventh edition of the expo.
Latin Expo Group claims the show attracted 2,261 registered visitors from more than 60 nations in 2015 — more than two-thirds of whom were from South/Central America.
Latin Expo Groups touts Panama as offering a “geographical strategic and economical location” as well as a popular business and tourist destination due to its Colon Duty Free Zone and the Panama Canal.