PANAMA (June 3, 2016) — The Latin Auto Parts Expo will feature a series of 15-minute conference presentations designed to explore relevant topics and emerging trends throughout Latin America's growing aftermarket auto parts industry.
The conferences are planned for the second day of the three-day exposition event and will be conducted on the second floor of Salòn Portobello in Panama, according to expo organizers.
Presentations will highlight topics such as automotive diagnostics trends and challenges; timing system evolution; inventory service solutions; and aftermarket trends.
“The global motor vehicle aftermarket is estimated at approximately $395 billion,” the expo website notes, adding that “the Latin American and Caribbean markets have been growing at an impressive rate and the outlook is very positive for future increases in the new vehicle and aftermarket automotive parts industry.”
The complete conference schedule is as follows:
- Introduction by Gustavo Lima, CEO of Latin Expo Group L.L.C. — 11:30-11:45 a.m.
- “Automotive Diagnostics: Trends and Challenges towards 2020,” presented by Roy Martinez, electrical engineer, Autoland Scientech U.S.A. Inc. — 11:45 a.m.- noon.
- “An Overview of Mitsubishi and the Turbocharger Aftermarket Products,” presented by Frank Flores, aftermarket sales manager, Mitsubishi Turbocharger — noon-12:15 p.m.
- “Evolution of Timing Systems,” presented by Juan Manriquez, product technician, Cloyes Gears and Products Inc. — 12:15-12:30 p.m.
- “NAPA — PROLink,” presented by Hernando Gordils, international business development manager, NAPA Auto & Truck Parts — 12:30-12:45 p.m.
- “Inventory Services and Solutions for Latin America,” presented by Teolindo Vall, vice president of North America sales, TVA Automotive Inc. — 12:45-1 p.m.
- “Forget What You Know about the Brazilian Automotive Aftermarket: The Market is Booming Despite the Crisis,” presented by Marcelo Gabriel, commercial director Grupo Oficina Brasil — 1-1:15 p.m.
- “The New Trends of the Aftermarket,” presented by Jorge Luis Carbonell, CEO and president, Kashima System — 1:15-1:30 p.m.
- Closing statement by Mr. Lima — 1:30-1:45 p.m.
According to the expo's website, the event supports the growing motor vehicle aftermarket industry by providing “direct access to the Latin American and Caribbean OEM, replacement parts, aftermarket parts, automotive remanufactured parts and tuning markets in a warm and personal setting that forges long lasting commercial and personal relationships.”