ST. LOUIS (May 12, 2016) — Pit Bull Tire Co. is enticing drivers seeking a “hardcore” look in an all-terrain tire to check out its new Pit Bull PBX A/T Hardcore.
The St. Louis-based tire marketer said the PBX A/T Hardcore is Pit Bull's “innovative and unique answer to the all-terrain tire market's need for a great-handling, on-the-road tire that also has incredible hardcore looks and hardcore traction.”
The new tire fills the void between a standard mud terrain and all-terrain tire, according to the company, and provides “hardcore enthusiasts” with an aggressive off-road look along with the performance of a mud tire.
The PBX A/T Hardcore tire — E rated for drivers needing extra capacity — comes with a 40,000-mile standard limited treadwear warranty and has a 3-peak mountain snowflake rating for severe winter driving conditions.
Other features of the tire include:
- A six-rib tread design with five circumferential groove channels to provide more biting edges, increasing traction, reducing heat buildup and lowering noise levels while offering more avenues to displace water and material;
- An all-terrain design suitable “for serious trail riding and off-road terrains”;
- “All Bite No Bark” technology with variable pitch sequence tread design featuring alternating tread blocks and pitch sequence sizing to help decrease tire pitch noise at higher speeds while also increasing traction;
- Stepped lugs in an equally dispersed pattern that aids traction and stone removal;
- Staggered shoulder lugs that increase traction in off-road conditions and inclement weather;
- Over-the-shoulder sidewall lugs that enhance the tire's looks and add extra strength for increased puncture resistance and traction to the shoulder areas;
- Stone-repellent technology;
- A combination of siping techniques to provide 3D, multi-level, interlocking and alternating directional siping that aids traction in wet, snowy conditions;
- Chip and tear-resistant rubber compounding to provide extra strength from tread to sidewall while maintaining a firm grip;
- Rim guards to protect the outer edges of wheels from rock rash;
- Dual sidewall designs featuring different style lettering on either side of the PBX A/T Hardcore; and
- Sidewall tire tattoos to enhance tire and vehicle appearance.
The PBX A/T is available now in these sizes:
- PB1556RE - 35x1250R17LT/E;
- PB1557RE - 35X1250R18LT/E ; and
- PB1558RE - 35X1250R20LT/E.
Available in July:
- PB1559RE - LT325/50R22 (E) (35X1250R22LT/E).
Pit Bull said more sizes will be available later in the year.
The company offered the following map pricing for the tire:
- PB1556RE - 35x1250R17LT/E — $327.25
- PB1557RE - 35X1250R18LT/E — $343.09
- PB1558RE - 35X1250R20LT/E — $359.99
Pit Bull said it likes to add some “extras” — translated as “works of art” — into its products, and listed what the Hawaiian words mean on the sidewalls of the PBX A/T Hardcore:
- ‘OHana — Family
- Kupa'a — Faithful (stand together as one)
- Hae — Fierce
- Uila — Lightning
- Mana — Spiritual power
- Lani — Heaven
- Malu — Strength/protection
- Kai — Sea
Pit Bull added that it also has included its “Honor, Guts & Glory” logo on the new tire's sidewall “in honor of the men and women who serve(d) our country.”