DURAND, Wis. (May 10, 2016) — Bauer Built Inc. has bestowed its G.F. “Sam” and Ethel V. Bauer/Bauer Built Inc. Scholarship Award to six students planning to attend college.
The Durand-based commercial dealership introduced the scholarship program in 1994 in commemoration of its 50th Anniversary and in honor of its founders.
The following students were awarded $1,500 each:
- Isaac Annis, son of Matt and Jessica Annis of Durand — Matt Annis is an outside salesperson at Bauer Built Tire Center in Eau Claire, Wis. Isaac is the grandson of Larry and Marcia Weber, former owners of Bauer Built, and the great-grandson of founders G.F. “Sam” and Ethel V. Bauer. He plans to attend the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire for a business management degree.
- Hannah Biesterveld, daughter of Al Biesterveld of Eau Claire and Rhonda Cota of Durand — Mr. Biesterveld is the assistant store manager at the Bauer Built Tire Center in Eau Claire. Hannah plans to attend the University of Wisconsin-LaCrosse for a degree in occupational therapy.
- Kelsey Bundy, daughter of Nathan and Kelly Moore of Mondovi, Wis., and Dave Bundy of Eau Galle, Wis. — she is the granddaughter of Sandy and Dan Bauer. Mrs. Bauer is an administrative assistant at Bauer Built's corporate office. Kelsey plans to attend the University of Wisconsin–Green Bay for social work.
- Keaton Cain, son of Kathy and John Cain of Bettendorf, Iowa — Mrs. Cain is the store clerk at the Bauer Built Tire Center in Davenport, Iowa. Keaton plans to attend Southwest Minnesota State for an education degree.
- Elizabeth Duncan, daughter of Shane and Chris Duncan of New Richmond, Wis. — she is the granddaughter of Roger and Pat Claflin of Durand, where Mr. Claflin is employed in the Bauer Built's retread shop. Beth plans to attend Mississippi University State for a degree in secondary education (English).
- Ben Weber, son of Todd and Amy Weber of Durand — Todd Weber is executive vice president of tire sales operations at Bauer Built's corporate office. Ben is the grandson of Larry and Marcia Weber and great grandson of G.F. “Sam” and Ethel V. Bauer. Ben plans to attend the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire for business.
To be eligible, applicants must be a Bauer Built employee, or a child or grandchild of an employee, who is graduating from high school and enrolled in a post-secondary course of instruction. Each applicant must submit a hand-written essay on the field of study being pursued along with his/her career goals, two letters of recommendation and verification of grade-point average with the application.
Since 1994, Bauer Built said it has awarded $96,000 in scholarships.