NEW ORLEANS (April 21, 2016) — Michelin North America Inc.'s BFGoodrich brand is rolling out the BFG Advantage T/A Sport.
The broadline all-season tire is being pitched by Michelin as a tire that will add some spark to the daily commute.
“BFGoodrich Tires is a brand that encourages drivers to explore the fun that driving can provide,” said Jon Hausman, marketing manager for BFGoodrich Tires, at a dealer and media preview in New Orleans.
“The overall message to drivers with active lifestyles, busy family lives or a combination thereof is simple: You don't have to settle for merely getting from point A to point B. Because performance is happening with these tires on every drive, you can have a little fun along the way.…”
The Advantage T/A Sport is the successor to the Advantage T/A, the Goodrich brand's primary broadline tire. It launches Aug. 1 in 54 sizes, ranging from 15- to 18-inch rim diameters and in T, H and V speed ratings; the range will include six new sizes not offered previously.
BFG also plans to add the Advantage T/A Sport LT starting in 2017 with additional fitments for SUVs, CUVs and pickup trucks. It will replace the BFGoodrich Long Trail Tour in the portfolio.
The tire maker said the Advantage T/A Sport is designed to provide improved traction, handling and braking performance vs. the Advantage T/A “to extract maximum enjoyment out of everyday driving without sacrificing the practicality that drivers require.”
BFG engineers focused on improving characteristics such as steering response, handling and durability to provide drives with “optimal flexibility” in a wide range of changing weather and road conditions. The tire also sports a distinctive look that sets it apart.
Goodrich is using the FUN to promote the tire's performance attributes:
- F — Four seasons of traction, with measurable improvements in wet and snow traction;
- U — Undeniable performance, mile after mile, backed by a 70,000-mile limited treadwear warranty for T-rated version and 60,000 miles for H- and V-rated;
- N — New levels of handling, including 15-percent dry handling values.
The performance enhancements are derived from:
- Locking 3-D Active Sipe Technology helps enhance longevity and performance.
- Advanced all-season tread compounds and our Aqua-Flume water-evacuation technology;
- Next Generation ETEC (Equal Tension Containment) System keeps the tire footprint optimized during cornering and high-speed situations; and
- Next Generation g-Wedge sidewall stabilizer for handling.
The size range starts at 195/60R15 and runs through 245/45R18.