LAVAL, Quebec (April 18, 2016) — Michelin North America (Canada) Inc. is introducing the Michelin Commercial Service Network (MCSN), a franchise program of commercial tire dealerships that service both local and national fleet accounts.
Michelin North America launched the network in the U.S. in 2011.
MCSN dealers provide services that include preventive maintenance, a centralized after-hours emergency road service and an online fleet tire-reporting and service-tracking program.
“Michelin is proud to bring the innovation of the Michelin Commercial Service Network to Canada and to introduce it to the industry in person at this year's Truck World show,” said Harold Phillips, COO, Michelin North America (Canada).
“The network arose in response to a clear need from fleets for consistency and high-quality service throughout North America. The MCSN empowers Michelin-affiliated fleets to work efficiently by helping to maximize their uptime and control costs, ultimately positioning fleets to better meet their customer needs.”
MCSN franchisees must be an authorized Michelin truck tire dealership and affiliated with a Michelin Retread Technologies (MRT) retreader.
The MCSN program offers:
- On Call 2.0 Emergency Road Service that connects to emergency tire services during a truck breakdown;
- Livetrack event monitoring with real-time dispatch screen views;
- FixPix pictures included with each event to provide proof of product and service;
- Free dispatch for tires for North American fleet customers;
- Roll-time target of less than two hours;
- Consistent service and tire pricing;
- Detailed emergency roadside service event dashboard; and
- A tire-monitoring program to help fleets maximize uptime and control costs
For more information, visit Michelin's website.