LOUISVILLE (March 31, 2016) — The commercial tire industry will be well represented again this year at the Mid-America Truck Show, in Louisville March 31-April 2, with 14 tire makers, marketers and/or importers on the trade show floor.
In addition to the tire makers/marketers, there are a dozen or so other tire-related exhibitors.
The tire companies exhibiting are:
- Alliance Tire Americas Inc. (Aeolus brand);
- Bridgestone Americas Truck Tires (Bridgestone, Firestone, Dayton brands);
- CMA L.L.C./Double Coin Tire;
- Continental Tire the Americas L.L.C. (Continental, General brands);
- Cooper Tire & Rubber Co. (Roadmaster brand);
- Falken Tire Corp.;
- Goodyear (Goodyear, Dunlop, Kelly brands);
- Hankook Tire America Corp.;
- Hanksugi Japan Ltd.;
- Michelin North America Inc. (Michelin, BFGoodrich, Uniroyal brands);
- Shandong Yongtai Group Co. Ltd. (Durun brand);
- Statewide Tires Inc. (TBB brand);
- Sumitomo Tire / TBC Corp.;
- Tire World; and
- ZC Rubber America Inc. (Arisun brand).
Missing from previous years are Husky Tire, Saffiro Tire, Toyo Tire U.S.A. Inc., and Yokohama Tire Corp.
Among those exhibiting:
- Alliance Tire Americas L.L.C. will feature the Aeolus medium truck radial brand it distributes in the U.S.;
- Goodyear is touting its “Total Solution” of products, reliable services like the 24/7 Fleet HQ Emergency Roadside Service program, fleet management tools like the Tire Trac online tire management tool and Road Service App, along with a nationwide network comprising more than 2,300 tire and service locations from coast to coast.
MATS attendees will be able to enroll in the Goodyear Smart Fleet program at a special booth inside the main lobby of the Kentucky Expo Center.
Goodyear also will announce the winner of the 33rd Goodyear Highway Hero Award on March 31 during the show. The award honors professional truck drivers who put themselves in harm's way to help others.
Finalists this year include a driver who rescued a fellow trucker who had been ejected from his rig, a driver who used his truck to protect an injured police officer from oncoming traffic, and a driver who pulled a motorist from a flame-engulfed car. The winner will receive a special ring, a cash award and a congratulatory trophy.
- Hankook will feature its DH07 drive position/pickup & delivery tire and TH22 low platform trailer tire, new additions to the portfolio.
Available in three 19.5 inch sizes — 225/70R19.5, 245/70R19.5 and 265/70R19.5 — the DH07 incorporates a three channel zigzag groove tread pattern to prevent stone drilling and an improved belt structure for reduced heat generation.
The TH22 features a chip-and-cut compound, a belt structure designed to minimize deformation and a reinforced bead structure for enhanced load performance. The TH22 is available in four 17.5 inch and 22.5 inch sizes; 215/75R17.5, 235/75R17.5, 245/70R17.5 and 255/70R22.5.
- Falken is launching Ecorun line four tires — the Rl130 line-haul steer, Rl150 regional-steer/all-position, Bl830 line-haul drive and Bl850 regional drive radials, all of which carry a six-year, two-retread warranty.
The Rl130, Rl150 and Bl830 are Smart Way-verified.
The Rl130 features a new decoupling-groove shape to prevent rib tearing, Falken said, and will be available in June.
The Bl130 features micro sipes along the rib walls to reduce stress on the rib edge and provide even tire wear, in addition to a completely redesigned contact patch shape to maximize mileage.
The B150 is an open-shoulder design drive tire equipped with an extra wide tread design to help distribute vehicle weight over a wider surface, increasing tire life, Falken said.
- TBC Brands is featuring the Sumitomo brand, especially the new ST778+ SE, a SmartWay-verified line-haul steer tire. MATS participants will have a chance to win a choice of premium Sumitomo steer, drive or trailer tires through the daily commercial truck tire giveaway.
Other tire industry-related exhibitors include: Counteract Balancing Beads; Fleet Equipment Corp.; IMI Inc.; Love's Truck Tire Care; Multi Seal; Tire Retread & Repair Information Burea; Tire Tech International Inc.; and Vipal Rubber Corp.