SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. (March 10, 2016) — Discount Tire/America's Tire opened 13 stores in 11 states in the past several months, expanding the dealership's network to nearly 920 stores nationwide.
The store openings, which date as far back as September, all were in states where Discount Tire already operates, including Kentucky, Missouri and Oklahoma — where the company opened its first stores just in the past year or two. The states with two opening each were Tennessee and Texas.
The new stores in Tennessee — in Cordova (Memphis metro area) and Nashville — raise the number of stores in the Volunteer State to 20.
In Texas, Discount opened stores in Boerne (San Antonio area) and Portland, expanding its presence in the Lone Star state to 237 locations.
The other stores opened (listed alphabetically by state) are in:
- Lake City, Fla., the eighth store in the Jacksonville area and 30th overall in the Sunshine state;
- Boise, Idaho, the fourth store in the Boise area and fifth in the Gem state;
- Indianapolis, the seventh store in the Indianapolis metro area and 26th in the Hoosier state;
- Louisville, Ky., the dealership's second store in Louisville and third in the Bluegrass state;
- White Lake, Mich., one of 32 stores in the Detroit metro area and 56 th in the Great Lakes state;
- Brooklyn Center, Minn., the 22nd store in the Minneapolis-St. Paul metro area and 28th overall in the North Star state;
- Independence, Mo., the fifth store in the greater Kansas City metro area and sixth in the Show Me state;
- Lawton, Okla., the 15 th store in the Sooner state; and
- Anderson, S.C., the 11 th store in the Palmetto state.
In contrast to its news release practices in past years, Discount Tire no longer elaborates on the size of the stores opened, the number of employees or the store managers' identities.
Discount Tire stores are open 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Friday and 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturday. The dealership carries name-brand tires such as Michelin, Goodyear, BFGoodrich, Pirelli, Falken and GT Radial alongside its own proprietary brands, Arizonian, Road Hugger and Pathfinder plus MB Wheels.