“I am proud and honored to lead a team of more than 20,000 talented people dedicated to putting our customers first,” Mr. Windom said. “Together, as one stronger, integrated company, Auto Plus and Pep Boys will offer customers superior service, additional distribution points and, with our combined scale, the best overall value.”
Together the two businesses comprise 27 distribution centers and 1,069 corporate locations — 264 Auto Plus stores, 561 Pep Boys Supercenters, five Pep Boys retail-only locations and 239 Pep Boys Service & Tire Centers — with more than 20,000 employees.
The company also supports more than 530 independently owned stores and 2,400 independently owned service centers across the nation.
Also named were:
- John Holt, senior vice president, service sales and operations, tasked with developing and executing the strategy for growing Pep Boys' service business in its Supercenters and Service & Tire Centers. He previously was vice president of service for Pep Boys.
- Wade Sharp, senior vice president, store sales and operations for Auto Plus and Pep Boys, responsible for Auto Plus' corporate stores and the retail and commercial business at Pep Boys' locations. He most recently was senior vice president, store sales and operations for Auto Plus.
- Pete Bednarzyk, senior vice president, supply chain, for Auto Plus and Pep Boys, tasked with leading the development and implementation of a supply chain strategy to support all stores and locations in the network. He previously was senior vice president, supply chain for Auto Plus.
- Gary Desai, senior vice president and chief information officer for Auto Plus and Pep Boys, responsible for information technology strategies for the integrated company. He previously held the same position for Auto Plus.
- Mike Englert, chief financial officer for Auto Plus and Pep Boys, overseeing all financial functions. He previously was chief financial officer and vice president, finance for Auto Plus.
- Matt Flannery, senior vice president, general counsel, overseeing legal and compliance matters for Auto Plus and Pep Boys, as well as asset protection, business development, real estate and property management.
- Richard Mattiussi, senior vice president, merchandising and marketing for Auto Plus and Pep Boys, assigned to set and execute the product and marketing strategies for the integrated company. He previously was vice president of independent sales for Auto Plus.
Mr. Windom called these individual “amongst the best and most experienced [leaders] in the industry,” and added, “We believe, with their leadership and expertise, Auto Plus and Pep Boys are well positioned for growth and success.”