DIAMOND BAR, Calif. (Jan. 27, 2016) — The Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA) is accepting applications for speakers who wish to present seminars at the 2016 SEMA Show, which will be held in Las Vegas Nov. 1-4.
For 2016, SEMA said it is emphasizing “dynamic speakers with proven experience” in the topics of “building a business” and “social media.”
“We know that participants attend the SEMA Show to grow their businesses,” said Peter McGillivray, SEMA vice president of events and communications. “In addition to discovering new products and seeing the newest trends, learning about new strategies and better ways to do business is a key benefit to attending the SEMA Show.”
There were nearly 70 speaker sessions at the 2015 SEMA Show, according to the association. Among the topics SEMA plans to emphasize at the 2016 Show include:
- Building Your Business through Personal Branding;
- Help with Yelp;
- Scaling Business Growth;
- Hiring in the Social Era;
- Best Practices for Retaining Employees;
- Vehicle Building and Fabrication;
- Generational Workforces;
- Customer-Facing Technology;
- Will Crowd-Funding Go Mainstream?
- The Next Big Thing: Pinterest; and
- Mobile Technology for a Mobile Workforce.
Diamond Bar-based SEMA is accepting applications from potential speakers until May 20. All speakers must focus on industry issues and not specific company positions or agendas, the association said.