IRVINE, Calif. (Jan. 21, 2016) — The Meineke Car Care and Midas International franchises are the two highest rated automotive service franchise programs on the 2016 Franchise 500 ranking by Entrepreneur magazine.
In all, Entrepreneur lists nine auto service franchise programs among the 500 programs profiled. The magazine also profiles two quick lube service and four auto tool/parts programs.
The magazine, published by Entrepreneur Media Inc., said companies are judged on objective, quantifiable measures, including financial strength and stability, growth rate; size of the system; the number of years a company has been in business; the length of time it's been franchising; startup costs; litigation; percentage of terminations; and whether the company provides financing.
Financial data are analyzed by an independent CPA.
The auto service franchises ranked are:
- Meineke Car Care Centers (Driven Brands Inc.), No. 50
- Midas International Corp. (TBC Corp.), No. 53
- AAMCO Transmissions & Total Car Care, No. 143
- Express Oil Change, No. 240
- Christian Brothers Automotive Corp., No. 266
- Precision Tune Auto Care, No. 316
- RNR Custom Wheels & Tire Express, No. 330
- Honest-1 Auto Care L.L.C., No. 359
- Big O Tires L.L.C. (TBC Corp.), No. 454
The quick lube operations listed in the ranking are Jiffy Lube International Inc. (No. 23) and Valvoline Instant Oil Change (No. 60).
The tool/parts franchises are: Snap-on Tools (No. 22); Matco Tools (No. 37); Interstate All Battery Center (No.184); and Mighty Distributing System (No. 279).
To see the full ranking, visit Entrepreneur's website.
The magazine also has put together a franchise buying guide with tips on how to evaluate a franchise program.