SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. (Dec. 15, 2015) — The National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) honored 46 automotive technicians recently as the top ASE-certified mechanics at 36 different OEM and aftermarket companies.
Those firms include Bridgestone Retail Operations (BSRO), Pep Boys – Manny, Moe & Jack and six different TBC Corp. entities.
The 46 individuals honored at the Nov. 18 ASE Fall Board of Governors meeting in Scottsdale were chosen from among more than 300,000 ASE-certified professionals at work in dealerships, independent shops, collision repair shops, auto parts stores, fleets, schools and colleges throughout the country, the ASE said.
The winners were selected based on their scores on ASE tests, on-the-job excellence, community service and other factors, according to the ASE. The association has honored ASE mechanics for more than 40 years.
“We couldn't do this without the support of our many award sponsors, whose ranks include some of the best-known names in the industry,” ASE President and CEO Tim Zilke said.
“Their commitment to excellence is reflected in the talented individuals receiving these awards each year. The enthusiasm and professionalism displayed by all of our award winners is a testament to the high quality individuals wearing the ASE Blue Seal and we are proud to have them as part of the ASE family.”
Among those honored were:
- Ivan Arvizo and Steve Hutchins, Firestone Complete Car Care outlets in Evans, Colo., and New Castle, Okla., respectively;
- Shaun Schmuckie, Big O Tires, Louisville, Ky.;
- Jack Jaeger, Merchant's Tire & Auto Centers, Waynesboro, Va.;
- Bruce McAllister, Midas International, Cheyenne, Wyo.;
- Adam Walters, National Tire & Battery, Mesquite, Texas;
- Bobby Whiteside, SpeeDee Oil Change & Auto Service, Charlotte, N.C.;
- Robert Guttliep, Tire Kingdom, Dunnellon, Fla.; and
- John Forsythe, Pep Boys, San Antonio.
Mr. Arvizo has been with BSRO since 2008, while Mr. Hutchins joined BSRO in 2010 after serving 12 years in the U.S. Army, where he was deployed to combat zones multiple times.
For the complete list of award winners, visit ASE's website.