AKRON (Oct. 16, 2015) — Goodyear has teamed up with ESPN to celebrate college football traditions on the road to the Goodyear Cotton Bowl Classic.
Fans can head to a Goodyear-ESPN website and cast a ballot in the “Winning Traditions Driven by Goodyear” promotion, as fans vote to select their favorite tradition in college football. According to the website, voting concludes on Dec. 7.
Goodyear said such traditions include:
- University of Alabama: Roll Tide
- Army: The Marshall Plaque
- Boise State University: Blue Turf
- University of Colorado Boulder: Ralphie's Run
- University of Iowa: The Swarm
- University of Louisville: Louisville “L”
- University of Miami: The Smoke
- Mississippi State University: Cowbells
- Texas A&M University: 12th Man
- University of Missouri: Rock M
- University of Oklahoma: Sooner Schooner
- Pennsylvania State University: White Out
- Purdue University: World's Largest Drum
- Texas Tech University: Masked Rider
- University of Wisconsin Madison: Jump Around
“College football is steeped in traditions that inspire superior performance,” said Gary Melliere, Goodyear's general manager of brand sponsorships.
“For the last 60 years, the Goodyear Blimp has become a college football tradition in its own right, with the Blimp's presence overhead signaling a major matchup is taking place. While fans battle it out to determine whose school has the best tradition, they can agree that the Goodyear Blimp is one they all have in common.”
Additionally, fans can also enter Goodyear's sweepstakes for a chance to win a College Football Playoff Experience. This includes a trip for two to the College Football Playoff Semifinal at the Goodyear Cotton Bowl Classic in Arlington, Texas, on Dec. 31. The Akron-based tire maker said a winner will be chosen every week throughout the duration of the promotion. In addition, Goodyear will send a grand prize winner to the 2016 College Football Playoff National Championship game in Glendale, Ariz., on Jan. 11.