AKRON (Sept. 14, 2015) — Goodyear is accepting nominations through Nov. 29 for its 33rd “Highway Hero” recognition, an annual award presented to one professional truck driver who put himself/herself in harm's way to help others.
Those who wish to nominate a candidate for the award can do so by filling out the online Highway Hero nomination form here and then hitting the “submit” button at the bottom of the page. Nominations also can be mailed to Goodyear Highway Hero Award Headquarters, Dept. 798A, 200 Innovation Way, Akron, Ohio 44316.
Goodyear accepts nominations for the award from across North America. Candidates are narrowed down to three finalists, and a panel of trucking industry media representatives then selects the Highway Hero Award winner.
All nominations are reviewed to ensure that certain criteria are met. Requirements include:
- Finalists must clear background checks to Goodyear's satisfaction;
- Nominee must be a full-time truck driver;
- Nominee must reside in the U.S. or Canada;
- The incident must have occurred in the U.S. or Canada;
- Nominee must be on the job or on the way to or from work, and in his/her truck at the time of the incident;
- Nominee's truck at the time of the incident must have 12 wheels or more; and
- Incident must have occurred between Nov. 16, 2014 and Nov. 16, 2015, to qualify.
Any and all applicable local, state and federal taxes are the sole responsibility of the winners, Goodyear said.