NASHVILLE, Tenn. (Aug. 21, 2015) — Bridgestone Commercial, a division of Bridgestone Americas Tire Operations, launched its latest off-road product, the Bridgestone V-Steel Snow Wedge All-Season (VSWAS) radial tire.
The V-Steel is available in 17.5R25 size in the U.S. and Canada through Bridgestone authorized dealers.
The VSWAS tire is designed for grader machines used for snow removal and surface leveling, Bridgestone said, and “provides excellent traction in winter conditions,” along with design innovations to reduce stone holding on gravel surfaces, facilitating year-round use.
“We designed the VSWAS tire to keep our customers moving year-round,” said Michelle Lane, director of OTR marketing, Bridgestone Commercial.
“Whether they remove snow on roads and highways or level surfaces, customers needed a product for graders that eliminated the need for seasonal change-outs. That is exactly what we deliver with the VSWAS radial tire.”
Features of the V-Steel Snow Wedge All-Season radial tire include:
- Retreadability and cut-resistant compounds that help to extend service life;
- Deep siping that helps provide enhanced traction, even late in tread life, contributing to better braking and handling;
- Tie bars within the sipes that control movement of the tread blocks for long, even wear while combating the retention and throwing of damaging stones;
- Unique tread design, with wide grooves and angled lugs to help reduce retention and throwing of damaging stones while contributing to a comfortable ride; and
- Grooved bevel featuring patent-pending grooves in lug walls to enhance snow traction by shearing multiple layers of snow beyond the top layer.
More information is available on Bridgestone's website.