POWAY, Calif. (Aug. 18, 2015) — Mitchell Repair Information Co. L.L.C. has updated its Manager SE shop management system to version 6.6, which it said contains dozens of enhancements, fixes and refinements.
The software changes, based on customer feedback, are designed to streamline operations for automotive repair businesses, Mitchell said. Customer feedback is collected from several sources, including the Manager Forum discussion board, customer meetings and focus groups and the Mitchell 1 client services teams who have direct contact with customers on a daily basis.
“Manager SE version 6.6 is the culmination of work done by a very dedicated team at Mitchell 1,” said John Dwulet, senior product manager for Mitchell 1. “This version is a game-changer for users, with time-saving features that will help everyone in the shop work more efficiently.
“We have already heard from some of the early adopters and beta testers that these new features will save them hours every week,” he continued. “That is exactly the goal of our product development process.”
Highlights of version 6.6 include the ability to transfer multiple canned jobs to an order at one time; customizable names for revisions meant to make it easier for shops to track and sell deferred work; and improvements to the vehicle history screen that give shop managers more information about posted invoices at a glance, Mitchell said.
Other key enhancements include:
- Ability to give revised estimates a descriptive name by double clicking the text on the revisions tab;
- The last eight characters of the VIN number display on the order screen;
- Faster process for setting the profit margin for a part when setting the sale price for the part;
- The invoice and counter sale screens now include balance-at-a-glance;
- The ability to sell and tax hazmat services as a part; and
- Nearly two dozen updated reports and invoice templates