INDUSTRY, Calif. (Aug. 6, 2015) — Steve Hughes, vice president of governmental affairs, logistics and supplier development for Centric Parts, has been appointed to serve on the U.S. Industry Trade Advisory Committee on Automotive Equipment and Capital Goods (ITAC 2).
He will be a representative on the committee of both Centric Parts and the U.S. aftermarket brake components and systems industry sector.
Secretary of Commerce Penny Pritzker and U.S. Trade Representative Michael Froman made the appointment on July 15. In this capacity, Mr. Hughes will work with the other members of ITAC 2 to provide trade policy and technical advice, information and recommendations regarding trade barriers, negotiation of trade agreements and implementation of existing trade agreements.
ITAC 2 also performs other advisory functions relevant to the development of U.S. trade policy as may be requested by the Secretary and the USTR, or their designees, Centric Parts said.
In addition to his service with ITAC, Mr. Hughes is a contributing member of several other industry and governmental affairs organizations that include:
- AutoCare Association (Governmental Affairs Committee);
- Brake Manufacturers Council (BMC Council member);
- Motor Equipment Manufacturers Association (Governmental Affairs Committee);
- CAWA (Manufacturers Advisory Council and Public Affairs Committee); and
- SAE Brake Dynamometer and Brake Friction committees.